Schaffer Environmental LLC was founded in 2008 to provide leading environmental and sustainability consulting, advisory and project management services to organizations, businesses, governments and regulators around the world.
We specialize in teaming with diverse environmental professionals to deliver environmental program management services and solutions for our clients. Utilizing many years of hands-on industry compliance experience, our teams are focused on existing and emerging environmental trends and regulations as they impact our clients, including assessments, readiness, compliance and training. In addition, we also conduct research, development and communication of key environmental trends and best practices by leading industries to inform our clients. Our recent engagements included the development of the green procurement standard for IT purchasers (EPEAT) from 2004-2006, the expansion into new product groups (Imaging devices and Televisions) from 2008-2012 and the current work on servers with both NSF and IEEE (2012-current), Mobile Devices (ULE – 2011-current) and the new development starting in 2015 for set-top boxes.
List of Primary Services:
- EPEAT enablement strategies, development, verification and training
- Program management services and solutions
- Environmental regulation standards monitoring, research and development
- Engagement in standards development processes (EPEAT, IEEE, UL, NSF etc.)
- Conformance assessments and enablement to worldwide voluntary and regulatory environmental requirements
- Conflict Mineral Program Assessments, Conformity Development and Reporting Requirements
Additional Services and Expertise:
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) consulting
- Carbon/GHG Accounting and strategy development
- Product life cycle analysis
- Green Procurement and Eco-Labels
- Electronics Recycling regulations and programs
- Packaging DFE