Schaffer Environmental LLC was founded in 2008 to provide leading environmental and sustainability consulting, advisory and project management services to organizations, businesses, governments and regulators around the world.
We specialize in teaming with diverse environmental professionals to deliver environmental program management services and solutions for our clients. Utilizing many years of hands-on industry compliance experience, our teams are focused on existing and emerging environmental trends and regulations as they impact our clients, including assessments, readiness, compliance and training. In addition, we also conduct research, development and communication of key environmental trends and best practices by leading industries to inform our clients. Our recent engagements included the development of the green procurement standard for IT purchasers (EPEAT) from 2004-2006 as well as the ongoing update to this standard and its expansion into new product groups (Imaging devices and Televisions).
List of Primary Services:
- EPEAT enablement strategies, development, verification and training
- Publication of the EPEAT Beat, a members-only blog and newsletter on EPEAT and environmental requirements effecting electronic products.
- Environmental program management services and solutions via team building
- Environmental regulation standards monitoring, research and development
- Engagement in standards development processes (EPEAT, IEEE, UL etc.)
- Conformance assessments and enablement to worldwide voluntary and regulatory environmental requirements
Additional Services and Expertise:
- Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) consulting
- Carbon/GHG Accounting and strategy development
- Product life cycle analysis
- Green Procurement and Eco-Labels
- Electronics Recycling regulations and programs
- Packaging DFE